Home > Uncategorized > wpa_supplicant: The sequel

wpa_supplicant: The sequel

This is the sequel of this post.

I updated my wpa_supplicant package from 0.4.7-0ubuntu3 to 0.4.7-3 and my madwifi package from 0.svn20051110-1+2.6.15-2 to 0.svn20060207-2+2.6.15-7. I find myself unable to connect anymore. So here is what I did:

  • Set ap_scan=2 in wpa_supplicant.conf.
  • Disable the automatic launch of wpa_supplicant in SysV.
  • Run the following script:
    ifdown ath0
    killall wpa_supplicant
    rmmod ath_pci
    rmmod ath_rate_sample
    rmmod wlan_tkip
    rmmod wlan
    modprobe ath_pci
    /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -d -i ath0 -D madwifi -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf &
    ifup ath0
    

I don’t know why I need to remove madwifi modules but I guess this is because of a bug. Unfortunatly I found that script by errors and trials, and don’t know enough to submit a constructive bug report.

In the previous post I said I was not able to reconnect. With this script I can.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: