Windows Seven 0x7B blue screen error in Virtualbox
I’ve just converted a Windows Seven physical desktop to a virtual machine using VMware converter. It’s a great piece of software because it work at file system level so it can:
- Create a unencryped VM of a Bitlocker encrypted physical machine
- Save the image of a disk, on the disk it self.
STOP 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)
It’s easier to enable the drivers from the physical system, before creating the disk image. To do so run
regedit and set the following keys:
I guess that 0 mean enabled and 3 mean disabled. I’m almost sure that
intelide is not required if you setup the virtual disk as a SATA device. I don’t know which one of
ControlSet002 so I edited both.
If, as I did, you forgot to enable those drivers before creating the disk image, it’s possible to do it after. Although I’m sure it’s possible, I’ve not been able to do it from the recovery console. So I added the disk image to an other Windows Seven virtual machine, let’s say as the G:\ drive. Then:
- Select a root key (any of them)
- File, Load Hive, and select
- Give a name, let’s say DUMMY
- Edit the keys as previously explained
- Select the DUMMY key, File, Unload Hive